Quinoa what is? Description of such a familiar swan. The value of weeds of plants as food crops. Contraindications to eating. Mountain spinach recipes and interesting facts about it. Quinoa also contains macro-and micronutrients.
100 g of the product:
- 1/4 of daily magnesium value;
- 1/4 of essential calcium;
- 1/5 of the copper content;
- 1/10 of the daily dose of potassium.
The seeds of the plant are also eaten. They contain a large number of phospholipids, which perform transport activity and carry fats, starch, fiber, and sugar.
Useful properties of garden quinoa
The benefits of garden quinoa are so tangible that children who have added it to their diet due to a lack of other foods will not be left behind in the future in physiological development.
Effects of quinoa on the body:
- Increases the body’s defenses, strengthens the immune system, helps prevent infection during the epidemic period, and recovers quickly if the temperature is too high;
- It has antiseptic properties, and inhibits the vital activity of pathogenic microorganisms;
- Has a calming effect, calms, and helps to get rid of insomnia;
- Prevents the development of ischemic diseases, and stable functioning of the cardiovascular system prevents stroke and heart attack;
- Increases the tone of blood vessel walls, strengthens capillaries, stops peripheral blood transfusions;
- It removes old toxins from the body, and has a mild diuretic, laxative, and choleretic effect;
- Lowers blood sugar and increases the acidity of gastric juice, stimulates the production of pepsin;
- Eliminates intoxication, and prevents the formation of free radicals;
- Accelerates recovery from cold complications – with bronchitis, runny nose, sinusitis, pneumonia;
- For women, it shortens the menstrual cycle and reduces the volume of the discharge;
- Increases blood clotting;
- Helps to deal with headaches, including migraines.
The introduction of quinoa into the diet prevents the development of hemorrhoids, gum disease, and gingivitis.
The juice of the plant has a bactericidal effect, it can be taken orally and disinfected wounds with it.
When quinoa is added to the menu, the body does not lose nutrients when it gets rid of extra kilos. The nature reserve is being renovated due to the rich composition of the green part of the culture.
Harm and Contraindications to the Use of Garden Quinoa
Do not make a diet based on quinoa. Although this plant is beneficial, it can cause poisoning. Intestinal diseases are symptoms of intoxication.
Contraindications to the use of garden quinoa are as follows:
- Urolithiasis disease;
- High blood clotting;
- Pregnancy and early childhood.
Allergic reactions often occur on the plant, but the symptoms are skin rash, diarrhea, nausea, and dizziness.
Introducing a diet 5-6 times a week does not affect health.
Recipes of dishes with garden movies
The most delicious part of quinoa is the soft green young leaves and flowering tops. The herb is added to salads and hot dishes, salted, pickled and various side dishes are prepared. In France and Italy, the leaves of the plant are dried, ground to a powder, and used as an ingredient in sauces.
Recipes with garden quinoa:
- Beetroot salad against vitamin deficiency … Beets are boiled, peeled, and rubbed on a coarse grater. The delicate leaves are washed with running water and finely chopped. The ratio of beets and quinoa is about 1 to 2. Season the salad with a mixture of mustard and mayonnaise. It will taste better if you add boiled egg as an ingredient.
- Vitamin salad … To prepare this dish, you need to wait for the young cabbage to ripen. Grate cabbage, knead with salt, and lemon juice, add a little sugar and knead well so that the juice starts to stand out. Mix cabbage with quinoa in a ratio of 2: 1. Use unsweetened yogurt, sour cream, or olive oil to coat. You can use sunflower oil, but with olive salad, it proves more useful.
- Spring soup … Chop a large onion, and 200 g each of nettle and quinoa leaves. All this is fried in sunflower oil in a deep frying pan. It is better to put the onion first and when it turns golden brown, add the grass, pour in a glass of sour cream and simmer for one minute. Boil especially barley glass is a rare porridge. Pour it into a pan with herbs, season with parsley and dill, add salt, and pepper, bring to a boil and turn off.
- Sorrel and quinoa soup … Cut fresh vegetables into large pieces, dip in already cooked meat or chicken broth, and cook for 3-5 minutes, salt. Before serving, place half a boiled egg and a tablespoon of sour cream on each plate.
- Quinoa pies… First, a quick puff pastry is prepared. To do this, dissolve a teaspoon of sugar and salt in a glass of warm water, pour in acetic acid, also a teaspoon, and stir in eggs. Stir gently so that the consistency is as homogeneous as possible. Knead the dough with sifted flour over this liquid. Usually requires 3.5 cups but you need to focus on the consistency of the cycle. The dough should be soft, elastic, and not stick to your hands. Then it is more convenient to cut the crumb that forms into 4 parts, each one must roll into a layer, and lubricate the surface with oil. Soak the cake roll in sunflower oil, wrap the dough on it, cut it lengthwise, roll it back into the layer, and break it several times. Then wrap the contents in cellophane and place them in the freezer. Pakes are baked from part of the dough after 30 minutes and the rest is left “until later”. To fill, mix boiled egg and finely chopped greens: quinoa, green onions, and dill. Greens are taken in equal amounts. The filling is pepper and salt. Pies are formed from the dough – it is more convenient with triangles, baked in an oven at 180 ° C until browned. You can fry the pies in a pan. In the filling, you can mix quinoa with acid and add a little grated apple. In this case, the filling is not peppery but the taste is added with sugar. The pies are very tasty. In this case, the filling is not peppery but the taste is added with sugar. The pies are very tasty. In this case, the filling is not peppery but the taste is added with sugar. The pies are very tasty.
- Pot … Boil some noodles, about 50-70 g. Choose the most common ones. Rinse it with cold water in a sieve. When ready, 700 g of quinoa leaves are boiled in salted water. The herb is boiled for about 7-10 minutes. Then it is also washed with running cold water and allowed to get rid of excess moisture. Melt 100 g of butter in a hot pan and fry 150 g of flour until golden brown. Then put vermicelli and quinoa in the same pan, and mix for 5 minutes. Put 2 eggs in the pan, sprinkle ham or bacon of your choice, add salt and pepper to taste again, and mix everything together. Transfer everything to a form greased with sunflower oil, sprinkle with grated cheese, and bake in an oven heated to 150-160 ° C. When the cheese is golden brown, the pot is ready.
- Quinoa chops … Boil extra-thick porridge, and add a little salt. Boil quinoa leaves for 5 minutes, put them in a sieve, and rinse with cold water. The mince is mixed by adding green onion feathers; everything is broken in a mixer with an egg. Chops are shaped, rolled in bread, and fried. Serve with sour cream. Ingredients in proportions according to taste. If you are going to incorporate the dish into your diet to lose weight, then place the chops in the microwave.
- Ardelyanskaya chorba … 150 g of finely chopped onion is steamed with 1 liter of boiling water.700 g of fresh quinoa leaves are rinsed with cold running water and dipped in a pot with onion. 50 g celery and carrots are cut into beautiful identical cubes, then fried in a hot pan in vegetable oil and placed in a saucepan. Everything is cooked for 20 minutes. While the vegetables are boiling, they are preoccupied with rice. Round rice, 50 g, is also cooked until soft. Whip a glass of sour cream with 1 tablespoon of flour and 3 egg yolks. I turned off the pot and poured the whipped sour cream into the boiled vegetables. All ingredients are mixed together, added, vinegar added, and mixed again. Egg yolks should not curl. Rice is served with chorba as a side dish.
Quinoa can be added to any summer salad or green soup. You can experiment with this product, for example replacing spinach in recipes. A diet with quinoa will help you lose 2-3 kg within 5 days.
Interesting facts about the garden swan
The first description of the plant was found in the annals of 99 BC. n. NS. The origin of the Russian name is explained by associating swan color and white dust on the leaves of the plant during the flowering period. By the way, white in Latin is “albus”.
Russian balanda got its name from the Lithuanian “balanda”, so in Lithuanian, they call “weed” grass. No wonder. Now this “weed” is mercilessly blown away, and in ancient Russia, it was even specially planted, mixed with oats and wheat. They knew the healing properties even then, and they always added ground seeds to the bread, especially during Lent.
It was not until the middle of the 9th century when farmers began to live happily ever after, that wheat was mixed with quinoa when baking became a symbol of poverty.
Quinoa is not only a vegetable crop; it cleans and disinfects the soil. Thanks to it, in 2-3 years, you can deal with salt marshes and make them suitable for planting more fragile plants.
Does not accumulate “mountain spinach” nitrates and mixes well with other vegetables and herbs. And after it withers, it is useful again – it improves the soil composition, and is a valuable fertilizer, rich in nutrients.
The grass is cold-resistant and easily tolerates frost down to -6 ° C.
The famous Russian writer Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy described how the peasants survived the famine in 1896 and revisited the recipes for “swan bread”.
Although the vegetable crop is a valuable product, it is gluten-free and high in alkaloids. As a result, children who constantly had to eat bread with quinoa became dizzy and nauseous, and their stomachs grew. However, malnutrition could have affected this way. After all, these children would not have survived without quinoa.
Unconscious sellers often sell quinoa seeds instead of lawns as they are much easier to collect. In the future, it will be difficult to get rid of unwanted “visitors” to the site, the smelter does not even lend for etching with materials.
Maybe you should not mercilessly destroy the swan, who has chosen the garden plate? On the contrary, cultivate it, and water is always a beneficial addition to your diet. It is very easy to grow a plant. Even if you break the stem from the root, the young leaves will grow back in 2-3 weeks. Quinoa in the garden – your own pharmacy is available all summer long!